Friday, December 30, 2016

The Year In Review

Though it was a tough year, one where waves of emotions hit you like it all just happened yesterday, it has been a very good year.  A year, for sure, that I'm glad I can remember every single bit of.  Many changes for us, some wonderful, and some bittersweet.  Vacation without my dad I believe was the hardest event of the year for me.  My dad was "Mr. Hilton Head" every year.  We had been going since I was a year old.  I took my first steps there!  Every year, we had the same group of people going, and I know we made memories that each and every one of us will remember for a lifetime.  This year, we still had a big group going, but we were missing 2 very important people - My Dad and Big Ed - both who I know were enjoying our laughs right along with us.  As I reflect back on the year, I know that was the most heart wrenching part of the year for me.  But it only hit  me after we returned home, oddly enough.  I am so very glad we were able to go and be with everyone this year, but we all said "It surely wasn't the same".  It was very somber and just overall too quiet, especially in the kitchen!  Kevin - you did make one heck of a low country boil.  
Blake would have been proud 😉

  
Next up, a new puppy for MeeMaw!  Meet Bennie (Or when he is extra sweet, Benjamin)
The new 💖 of her life!  


More fun for MeeMaw, she bought a house 3 doors down from us!  (And it came with a "hot pool")
Many girls weekends to be had here!


Noah and Tate turning 6 and 3 - certainly bittersweet!  Noah started Kindergarten (What!?)   Watching these two grow and become such a wonderful people (no longer a little kid or a baby) is one of the greatest things to experience in life I believe.  


And lastly, bittersweet-ness,  my sister moved to Panama City Beach, FL to pursue a new career and be closer to Lee - who we all love (even though he IS an Auburn fan - we forgive you, Lee.  Nothing but love, seriously)


Watch out though, we're all coming down in February! 


No comments:

Post a Comment