Friday, January 12, 2018

A DIY kind of Christmas and EXCITING things for 2018!

I absolutely love Christmas time, but as the holiday season nears, I always seem to stress about gifts and what to get everyone.  (I know I'm not the only one!)  This year I decided to go the DIY/homemade gift route and I was pretty pleased with what I came up with!  

For my mom:


A fun photo frame built from an old pallet and a cute sign for her kitchen, 
because, well, she loves wine!

For my sister:


She saw a shirt in an antique store while we were shopping after Thanksgiving, 
but couldn't find the right size, so I thought 
"I can probably make that!"  
Such a neat, newfound way to make t-shirts using freezer paper and fabric paint.

For my mother in law:


Another pallet photo frame as she adores pictures of all of her grandchildren :)


And a fun piece of Christmas decor as well!

We even got so creative as to make our own Christmas shirts!  Totally fun and easy and I'm sure there will be more to be made as our spring show in May rolls around too :)


And my boys thought up their own designs too, I thought Noah's was pretty creative!


Tate, having named his reindeer "The Grinch", wore his for 4 days in a row.  
(Surprised it held up well with washing!)


Sweet Bennie even got his very first Christmas ornament:


My sister made shirts for her friends too :)


And my aunt loves snowmen, so of course we came up with a shirt for her too:


I was also able to do a couple of custom orders as well over the holidays!


This was my first very large sign that I did for a very sweet, long time, family friend that I knew during my years on the swim team.

I had a great tip given to me by a friend to keep these larger signs (4 ft x 12 in ) sturdier by using "furrowing strips" along the back.  These also keeps the wood from warping.  This is something I had never heard of, but was SO happy to have the tip for future projects!


And I just loved this one too :)

Also, since our beloved Bulldawgs had such an amazing year, we came up with some shirt ideas for our spring show:





We had such a neat first year with our little start up company and I'm SO EXCITED to announce that starting February 1st, we will have a booth at my favorite antique stores in downtown Monroe!  Vintage Revival Antiques!  You can check them out on Instagram and Facebook too.

https://www.facebook.com/vintagerevivalantiques/

https://www.instagram.com/vintagerevivalantiques/

My favorite marketing manager has moved back home to help us this year too, and we are all SO thrilled!  Noah is most of all I believe as he has his sidekick back.


We will also be taking custom sign and shirt orders too, so please email us and we will be happy to see what we can come up with for you:

southernsistersapothecary@gmail.com

Make sure to follow us this year to see what we will have in store!


and




No comments:

Post a Comment