Monday, September 18, 2017

Fall is Upon Us! (So, Mark You Calenders For Our Next Event!)

Summer is over and Fall is here, my ABSOLUTE favorite time of year!  I love cooler weather (even though I'm still waiting on that), wearing tall boots, seeing the fall colors, riding my horse through all the fallen leaves, and attending fall fairs in the area.  The Country Living Fair at the end of October is my absolute favorite!  If you have never been, and you love anything vintage, it's worth a day trip to Stone Mountain to wonder through the more than 200 vendors from all over the country.
Seriously, my favorite day of the whole year!

Does anyone else LOVE seeing photos like this?
It just reminds me of driving through the mountains with my family when I was young, searching for apple orchards and taking in all the colors.
It just gets you in the mood for Fall and the holidays.

To me, Fall and old barns just go together :)

Which leads me to what is up next for us!

Now that we have dipped our toes into being a vendor at a barn sale, we cannot wait for our next one!  Try and mark your calender's for November 11th - 12th.  H & H Homestead in Jefferson is holding their annual "Christmas in the Country" Barn and Vendor Sale:  


Check them out an follow them on Facebook for updates:
https://www.facebook.com/hh.homestead/

We are SO excited!  We've been wondering yard sales, estate sales, and other barn sales looking for fun finds.  Even made another visit to  my grandmother's barn and my granddad's old tool shed.  I cannot believe the things I missed the last time I rummaged through it all.

I also wanted to try something new for our Southern Sisters Facebook followers, friends, and family.  There were some of you who wanted to try and attend our last show and could not make it.  As of right now I already have a handful furniture that has been redone and is ready to go to the sale, but I wanted to offer it to our followers before the show if anyone was interested!   I will also post some photos of our other items before the sale as well as time gets closer.

Here are some things I have picked up along the way to refinish.  (I'm sure there will be more)

If you're at all interested, please let me know!


A couple of end tables, side tables, a cute drop leaf table, a watering can (because people are always in need for one of those!) and see that pretty lamp right there?  That was my amazing find for $5!  I was so excited because it reminded me of the one my grandmother had.  I loved how cozy it was when I spent the night at her house when I was little.  Brought back such neat memories.  That was until the top completely fell off and broke into a million pieces on my garage floor.  Completely devastated.  (Now I'm on the search for a top for my $5 find.  Which will now turn into something much more expensive I'm afraid.  Again, totally devastated.)

Here are some of the refinished tables that will be available:

Cute pair of side tables or night stands.  I just left the bottom as is, distressed it a little and put a dark stain on the tops.  Both drawers pull out.  Super cute to set baskets in for storage too!

A little distressed around the edges.

Refinished this side table in Driftwood Grey with a white wash finish.

Brown side table, turned out with a really neat finish!

Hazelnut chalk paint, with a black wash, and an antique wax finish.

Antiqued white side table


Driftwood looking white side table turned out really neat too!



The drop leaf table I finished in Driftwood grey with a white wash finish as well.



I do have a bookshelf on the list to refinish as well with TONS of old books to fill it up with.  Old books make such a great decorative pieces and I hit the jack pot with old books!

Someone was quiet enamored with them all too.  He sat and went through them all, then wanted to take pictures of them as well:




Then there are these:

 Pulled from the back my granddad's tool shed.  What to do with them, I don't know yet.  What he was going to do with them, no clue, but they were pretty neat to find!

Pair of old mirrors that are being worked on:


And a few finds from my weekend with my mom hitting up consignment and estate sales:

This was only a few items we found, as we have more up our sleeves :)

LOVE old milk cans and random pieces of wood for hand painted signs!

Old dresser that needs some extra TLC, so we'll see what I can do to make it salvageable.

First step, was using an electric saw to cut boards for the shelves.  (I have learned this past weekend, any tool that anyone could ever want or need in their lifetime can be found in my dad's garage.  Also, any size piece of wood that you could ever want as well.  All in that garage.  My mom said he would save everything because you just might need it one day.  Well, he was right!   My heavens the amount of stuff he had)

Finding a saw for some random pieces of wood was not a problem:

I impressed myself a bit cutting the shelves!

And had fun doing it too!

(No worries, the saw was unplugged during the shooting of this photo)

I will do another post closer to the show, so tune in soon for more finds and try to make it out to our show in November!  It's going to be SO much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment