Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Getting Ready for our First Barn Sale!!

We are SO excited to be getting ready for our very first barn sale, which is apparently an up and coming cool, new thing!  We first stumbled upon a barn sale at H & H Homestead's sale in Jefferson at the beginning of the year.  On a cold, pouring buckets of rain Saturday morning, my mom, sister, and I trekked to Jefferson to an old garage/barn full of antique and vintage finds, and tons of re purposed and refinished furniture pieces.  Despite the drenching cold rain, it was SO fun even though all I came away with was a fun, vintage plaid button up shirt to keep myself warm the rest of the day!

I knew Bootsie's was having their barn sale in April, so I already had it marked on my calendar to go.  Then they asked for vendors, so wthout thinking much more about "could we do this?",  I applied to be a vendor.  Then I turned around to tell my mom and sister we were to be vendors at the show, not just shoppers.  They couldn't say "no" after I already applied, right!?  They were super excited to come help for the sale weekend!  Thanks girls :)

I've been working on refinishing some furniture the past few months and we have all picked up items along the way and can't wait to show them off!

A little preview of what we'll have:

Coffee table finished in General Finishes "Driftwood" milk paint, dark waxed and distressed.  Re-purposed tray finished in Waverly Chalk paint in "Agave"

Adorable small desk my mom and I picked up at an estate sale.
 Refinished in Waverly Chalk Paint in "Pool".  This desk I'm almost too in love with to part ways with!


Hand painted signs


A preview of the antique and vintage items we have.


A drop leaf table I picked up awhile back:


Refinished with Waverly Chalk Paints:




We were given this really cool, old antique high chair!  Apparently these are a cool thing to have sitting around.  Who knew!


And a selection of all of our body care products including essential oil blends, body butters, hand cleansers, and lip balms.  Sugar scrubs are being made as well!

This is only a preview as I hear my mom's truck is full of many more items that she is bringing down for the sale this weekend.

We can't wait!  If you're in town, stop by and see us!

1085 Belmont Road in Athens - Saturday from 10 am - 5 pm

Saturday, the gate fee is $3 and all proceeds go to Extra Special People in Watkinsville.  E.S.P. is a wonderful organization that I've had the privilege to be involved with through teaching therapeutic riding lessons for so many years.  Also food trucks, live music, and the weather is supposed to be gorgeous!


No comments:

Post a Comment