Monday, May 22, 2017

Successful first show, my love of porches, antique finds, and Graduation weekend!


Our first vendor show was a big success and so much fun!  This was all new to us and we thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and the weather could not have been better for the show.


Our tent crew :)

Bootsie's sale was perfect as we're just dipping our toes into this new venture and we cannot wait until their next barn sale on September 8th.  Mark your calendars and come see us!  My two teammates are heading to California that day, but I'm excited to have a friend who shares my love of antiques and refinishing furniture coming to set up her stuff with me.  So excited! 

We did have a few items left over from the sale if anyone is interested?  Otherwise, they will go on to our next sale with us.


My favorite little blue desk, blue distressed side table, distressed high chair, and my aunt's handmade wreath!

After finding some inspiration at Bootsie's and spring being in full bloom, I was anxious to get my spring flowers and decorate my porches.  I have always had a love of porches, maybe because I used to admire porches driving around when I was growing up and think "how neat to sit out there with a glass of lemonade and cookies" or because my mom has a love for them too and always admired them.  Either way, I have always wanted a porch where you go "Aww, what a cute porch!"  Not like Southern Living magazine worthy, but cute, quaint, and one that looks inviting and cozy.  Both for my front and back porches.

My mom and I had hit up the Braselton Antique Festival, which was like a mini Country Living Fair, which I was so excited about because it kind of held us over until our favorite weekend in October!  I was on a mission for my perfect porch decor.

Here is what I have come up with so far:


And old gate from an antique store, handmade sign, pretty flowers, and an antique watering can that I shopped and shopped for!


I was in love with this bench made from old up-cycled doors from Bootsie's, and it's really perfect on the front porch.


And the back porch is so cozy, I just love every part of it!


Succulent in an old pot, an old feed scoop, and a place for cold beverages!


An old church window and added daisies for color!


This planter was found in the back of my grandmother's barn as we were going through it.  Handmade by my grandfather, so it was certainly a keeper.

Our latest venture was the H & H Homestead Barn and Vendor sale the first weekend in May.  My mom and I spent most of the day, just wondering through.  I think we will aim for their next vendor sale in the fall as well!  A peak at what we found:


And here is a group of items I picked up from two estate sales and two yard sales that Tate and I hit up right before school was out.  Can't wait to see what I can come with for these.  Should keep me busy until fall :)


And finally, the school year came to an end for Noah.  It seemed like yesterday that he just started kindergarten, and now he is on to FIRST GRADE!


I have no idea where the time goes with these little ones.  It is all very bittersweet.
They are no longer babies, but it is so exciting to see how they grow in each and every stage.



We are so blessed to be able have him in the school he is in and we are forever grateful for the friends and teachers he has had.
His teachers are amazing and I pray the friendships last a lifetime.

He was so happy that my sister was able to make it up for his graduation as well.
He is on cloud nine when she is around.
He was also very hopeful that she and Lee would come home for their summer break :)  Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way when you're an adult, buddy.


We do hope to make it down to see them sometime this summer.  I told Noah I would just put him on a bus to go down and see her, and he was totally fine with that!  He said "When can I go?!"
Hopefully soon, although I believe we'll all make the trek down :)

And hopefully I'll have a few furniture projects to post between now and then!

Happy Start of Summer!

2 comments:

  1. :) This makes me all sorts of happy! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do we get the dowry for the Norah/Noah wedding?

    ReplyDelete